Thread: What is Threatfire?

idea What is Threatfire?

Hello Friends

I would like to know what is Threatfire? Can any one tell me what are the features and for what purpose Threatfire is been used? Any kind of information on Threatfire would be appreciated.

Thanking you.

Re: What is Threatfire?

ThreatFire is zero-day security software designed for the average consumer. ThreatFire protects in real-time against viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, adware, rootkits, keyloggers, and buffer overflows. It is designed to be used alongside your current antivirus to protect you between antivirus updates. Because it is behavior-based and not signature-based, ThreatFire protects against both known and unknown, or zero-day, threats. It is easy to install, painless to use, and immediately effective against today's computer security threats. And best of all, ThreatFire is free to all home users.

I've been using ThreatFire for quiet a while, along with AVG AV, and Comodo firewall, and I haven't noticed any problems. I recommended it to number of people, and I didn't hear any complains. And, yes, it's not an antivirus. It's more of an antimalware program.

Threatfire is intended as an addition to your regular antivirus, not as a stand-alone program. Where normal antivirus work mostly by identifying known threats, threatfire works by monitoring and alerting you to what it believes to be suspicious activity.

ThreatFire is good. It works side-by-side with anti-virus software. It is behavior based, which means it does not depend on updates but detects malware behavior instead. Avira AntiVir PE Classic is also really good. Combining it with ThreatFire will surely maximize the protection of your computer.

ThreatFire continually protects your PC against attacks by detecting malicious behavior, such as capturing your keystrokes or stealing your data, instead of only looking for known threats like normal antivirus software. By implementing sophisticated real-time behavioral analysis ThreatFire is able to stop never- before-seen "zero-day" threats solely by detecting their malicious activity.