Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Limiting Bandwidth

Networking & Security

Old 16-02-2009

Limiting Bandwidth

I would like to know if the wifi freebox which it is possible to keep some bandwidth for certain computers.
Here is my situation: I want a coffee, and want to allow my customers to connect wireless internet, but I do not want to take me to my bandwidth. Is it possible to keep me a good internet access to my computers? Thank you for avnace

Old 16-02-2009

Re: Limiting Bandwidth

Normally you can configure the type-emission wifi on your receiver (on each pc), and on my Intel pro wireless drivers the permits.
Old 16-02-2009

yeah, I know, but as freebox is essentially a modem and the wireless router and are in addition, I do not know if it reacts like a wifi router ... Thank you anyway
Old 16-02-2009

g pedit.msc -> computer config -> admin model -> Network -> QOS Planning and here you have an option for limiting the bandwidth provided that the QoS Packet Scheduler is installed in your network protocols.
Old 16-02-2009

The solution is to use bandwidthcontroller

http://bandwidthcontroller.com http://bandwidthcontroller.com
Old 16-02-2009

Bandwidth controller works even if the network of computers connect through a gateway? I tried with a livebox: I installed bandwidth enterprise (one month trial) on my pc and created a rule to limit the BP 2 other local ip but it did not seem to anything.
Waiting for (I know I cant afford em all): Halo 2 (xbox), Half-Life 2 (xbox), MGS3: Snake Eater (ps2), MGS: Twin Snakes (GC), Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (xbox), Gran Tourismo 4 (PS2), Mario Advance 4: Pikmin 2 (GC), Metroid Zero Mission (GBA), Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: