Thread: Authentication with wired 802.1X on Windows XP

Authentication with wired 802.1X on Windows XP

i am using windows xp.I am trying to get wired 802.1X authentication working on Windows XP. so as i try to work on ,it works fine but problem is for my credentials its not prompt me, so it saying authentication failed. can any body know what is the problem here please tell me thank you.

Re: Authentication with wired 802.1X on Windows XP

Mostly computer was denied access because "The request was rejected by a third-party extension DLL file".To troubleshoot this problem efficiently, I suggest that you refer to the user manual of IDM to ensure that it is installed and configured properly.Meanwhile, I suggest that you contact the HP's support at the same time.Please understand that I don't mean to bounce you between support professionals as I am fully aware how time consuming this can be. However,they really are in a better position to be able to assist you with this issue as they may have experienced similar issues.In addition, for client authentication you can manually enroll a computer certificate to have a try.

Computer authentication only. When a user logs on, it has no effect on the connection. Only computer authentication is performed. The exception to this behavior is when a user successfully logs on, and then roams between wireless APs. In that case, user authentication is performed. For changes to this setting to take effect, restart the Wireless Zero Configuration service for Windows XP

go here and get more information hope this will help you http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929847