Thread: Digital Signature for Authentication

Digital Signature for Authentication

Hello to all,

I need to use the digital signature to authenticate some documents sent in electronic format, the point is that I have not idea where to start ... network are located in different information and software more or less valid if we think to trust on them; Someone who has already had experience with the digital signature or knows some information about it please provide me.

Thank you to everyone,

Re: Digital Signature for Authentication

I need to use the digital signature to authenticate some documents sent in electronic format, the point is that I have not idea where to start ... network are located in different information and software more or less valid if we think to trust on them; Someone who has already had experience with the digital signature or knows some information about it please provide me.
    According to me the signature may be entered for the PDF and AutoCAD files, the rest do not know...If possible some more detail about authenticating the documents in digital format, and speaks on corporate or private.

The most secure authentication method provided by the firewall is a random challenge/response exchange using digital signatures. To use this, users install the citauth.exe program on their Microsoft Windows host, and use it to generate private and public keys. The private half is encrypted (using a password known only to the user) and stored on the local hard drive, while the public half is emailed to the firewall administrator or placed in a shared filesystem for the administrator to access. The public keys are installed in the firewall's key database by the administrator using a key manager.

Digital signature authentication method for Web services

When using the signature authentication method, the security token is generated with a
    <ds : Signature>
    and a
    <wsse:BinarySecurityToken>
    element. On the request sender side, a callback handler is invoked to generate the security token. On the request receiver side, a Java Authentication and Authorization Service (JAAS) login module is used to validate the security token. These two operations, token generation and token validation, are described in the following topics.

for more info:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ecsignauth.htm