Thread: How do i track manual IP address

idea How do i track manual IP address

Hi Guys,

I would like to know that how can i track my ip address manually? I have a network with a DHCP server running on a router. Many pc are assigned with an automatic ip address from this server. I would like to set up manual ip address for some pc's. Can anyone tell me how can i do so? Any information on it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: How do i track manual IP address

If you are using Windows Vista on your system then follow these steps.

Windows Vista

• Go to Start, select Network & Sharing Center from the Control Panel submenu.
    • Select Manage network connections from the left-hand pane of the Network & Sharing Center window.
    • Double-click on the Local Area Connection of the adapter you want to manually assign, select properties.
    • When the User Account Control dialog appears, click Continue
    • Double-click on Internet Protocol TCP/IP, select Use the following IP address, and then type a unique IP address.
    • NOTE: Many private home networks use either 169.254.x.x or 192.168.0.x (where x is any number between 1 and 254). Make sure you use the same IP address range, but not the exact same IP address, on all the computers on the network.
    • Next, specify a Subnet Mask:
    • Example 1: If you are using the 169.254.x.x IP range, you should use 255.255.0.0
    • Example 2: If you are using the 192.168.0.x IP range, you should use 255.255.255.0
    • Specify a Default Gateway if needed. (A default gateway is typically the IP address of a device that gives you access to the internet, such as a wireless router connected to the internet.)
    • Click OK

Re: How do i track manual IP address

If you have install Windows Xp on your system then follow these steps.

Windows XP

• Go to Start, select Control Panel
    • NOTE: If you are running Windows XP in classic mode, you will need to go to Start, Settings, then click Control Panel.
    • Click the Switch to Classic View icon.
    • Double-click the Network Connections icon
    • Double-click on the Local Area Connection of the adapter you want to manually assign, select properties.
    • Double-click on Internet Protocol TCP/IP, select Use the following IP address, and then type a unique IP address.
    • NOTE: Many private home networks use either 169.254.x.x or 192.168.0.x (where x is any number between 1 and 254). Make sure you use the same IP address range, but not the exact same IP address, on all the computers on the network.
    • Next, specify a Subnet Mask:
    • Example 1: If you are using the 169.254.x.x IP range, you should use 255.255.0.0
    • Example 2: If you are using the 192.168.0.x IP range, you should use 255.255.255.0
    • Specify a Default Gateway if needed. (A default gateway is typically the IP address of a device that gives you access to the internet, such as a wireless router connected to the internet.)
    • Click OK