Thread: WiFi network security

WiFi network security

Hello, all I have a ADSL wireless router D-LINK, which works well. but the neighbor is using my network and I need your help to protect my network as i dont know how to protect it.
    help me please
    As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness.Henry David Thoreau

Re: WiFi network security

Hi,
    you should encrypt your wireless network with WEP or better, Yes WPA2 is better than WPA.But this mainly depends of the protocol that uses encryption. It is better to opt for the AES (CCMP) that the TKIP. The strength of the passphrase is also a very important factor. and also filter the MAC addresses of machines allowed to connect. This requires you to configure and access point (your router) and the PC allowed to connect him.

If you can only use WEP, it is high time to upgrade your box or change. Even WPA can be broken. You should use WPA2 (which uses AES) key and a serious (really random and a sufficient length).

Hi,
    It depends on the brand of your router. Passwords differ depending on the brand. Then yes it is possible that a neighbor has changed your password if your network was not properly secured and that you do not change the default password of the router. In this case, you will need to adopt the procedure for resetting the router (which also depends on the brand of your router).

Hello,
    To secure a wireless network, you must use MAC, WEP, WPA, DHCP, dynamic mdp.
    Let me explain.
    Securing your network means that you will close your apartment key with the appropriate locks on the door. Therefore you have locks, plus you need a key, thus more security.

Enable MAC filter, and if you can, put a key or WPA and WEP. with security, you already what complicated the lives of your future impostors.

Ideally, after changing the WEP or WPA key every month to avoid a possible impostor 1x to crack your security and then dispose of it as he wants. Do not forget to change the access codes to the wireless router.