Thread: XP Firewall keeps turning itself On

angry XP Firewall keeps turning itself On

Hey everyone,

In my pc, Windows firewall itself keeps on switching. I turn it off and at next moment it gets on, i don't know why this problem occurs in my pc? Do any have nay idea about it? Please help me to resolve this problem?

Thank you.

Re: XP Firewall keeps turning itself On

Go to your Start Menu-->Select All Programs-->Click on Accesories-->And then click on Run.Then type in the box "services.msc" and click ok.

Scroll down the list and make sure windows fire wall is set to automatic. If not double click it and set it to auto and the click apply at the bottom.

Hey try to disable your Windows XP firewall and use the third party firewall. You could however use both a software and a hardware firewall at the same time and gain extra security, but running two software firewalls at a time is a bad idea.

Try to change the settings in your internet connection. If you want to enable or disable ICF on an existing Internet connection, follow the below steps.

1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Network And Internet Connections -> Network Connections.

2. Click the connection you wish to change and select the Change Settings Of This Connection task.

3. Click the Advanced tab and click the option in the Internet Connection Firewall section.

You can also switch on Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) logging and access advanced firewall settings from this dialog. ICF logging lets you keep track of the firewall's activities by creating a text log file, which you can examine at any time.

You can enable or disable your firewall by adjusting your Internet connection's settings.