Thread: Want to Setup Video Conferencing

Want to Setup Video Conferencing

Hello ,
    I want to setup video conferencing between me and my freinds in Usa The internet connect we are sharing is permanent VPN between the offices, and Want to know how can we achieve these also but I would find out what other are using , so please give some good suggestion ,thanks

Re: Want to Setup Video Conferencing

Hello,

You can use VLC Media player first download it from here
    Among it's huge capabilities, VLC can be configured to:

1. Use the cam connected to your compuer as input device (webcam, USB, etc)
    2. Use the computer audio device
    3. Transmit the stream over TCP or UDP
    4. Define the bandwidth of created strem

On the other side (th remote office) you can still use VLC, working as client connecting to the TCP stream you created.The server/client configuration has to be repeated (reversed) on the remote office. Advantage: many users (if allowed by your firewall) can connect to a VLC in "server mode". So the number of user partecipating to the conference will be just limited by the network and the computer resources!

Normally , it should similarly work like LAN except that with many VPNs it is like a routed LAN (ie multiple subnets are involved)/ I believe we have a few of these devices in my environment at work that run over a vpn tunnel. I don't work with them but I know it requires a functioning gateway (pertinent to the operation of the device and "not" the vpn tunnel) that needs to authenticate with it through the tunnel. I believe it has something to do with the .H323 setting to ensure a gateway is available.

Set Up Desktop Video Conferencing
    Desktop Conferencing offers an easy, fun and practical way to see and talk to
    one another over the web, each at your own desk! Here are instructions for
    what you need to get started, how to set it up, and how to use it.

You will need
    • A camera with a microphone (around $80)
    • A computer with a USB port (standard on newer computers)
    • Internet access
    • MSN Messenger and NetMeeting conferencing software installed
    • A Microsoft Passport for directory services to contact other users.
    • A video-conferencing partner with all of the above.

For more information on setting it up Download This PDF from Over Here this Should Help You.

Hello , First off all, you will need to get proper video conferencing software. The type of software that you will need largely depends on what you plan on using your system for. If you only need to talk to one person at a time, then you will not need an elaborate system. However if you are looking to hold large meetings with a number of different people, then you will need more advanced equipment. Therefore, you need to figure out your needs and select a system that accentuates your specific needs. Once you have selected and purchased the software, the next step is to set it up. The company that sold you the item will be able to offer you video conference tips which will make the set up process easier. Also, some companies will even offer to send someone to your home or business to help you with the set up and installation of the system. Once you have all the equipment hooked up, it is important to take a few aspects into consideration. First of all, do you have enough cameras set up to survey the entire room? This is important because the person on the other end will want to be able to see everything that is going on, as well as every person in the room. So it is important to have cameras set up that will cover each and every part of the room. Also, it is important to have enough video conference microphones set up so that everyone in the room will be heard at the same level. It is not professional to have a video conference in which one of your staff is difficult to hear when others are easy to hear. Also, lighting is very essential. In order to less the strain on your employees as well as those on the opposing end of the conference, proper lighting is necessary.

If you want to be successful, it is important to access as much video conference information as possible. There is a lot of information on video conferencing available online as well as in books that you can find at the library. Of course, you want to make the parties on the other end of the conference feel as though you are professional, so it is important to secure as many video conference tips as possible.