Thread: Windows Vista drops Internet connection

Windows Vista drops Internet connection

Hello,

I'm in really a big trouble here i have Windows Vista installed on my PC but from few days i have a random drop of internet access. I can successfully ping sites from command prompt for example techarena.in but i can't access with my any of the browsers and every time i have to restart my computer to get internet access back. And after few minutes i again face same problem. Please let me know if someone have same kind of problem or someone have solution for this. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows Vista drops Internet connection

Which type of internet connection you using?

I have internet connection through my PC connection to USB ASDL modem. But is it makes any difference? The possible solutions i have tried is restarting the modem,disconnecting and reconnecting the modem nothing works.

Go to your control panel, then to device manager. expand the network devices catagory and then right click on your network adapter. click propertied and then click on the advanced tab. go down to TCP Checksum offload and disable them, both IPv4 and IPc6.

Try to reset using "netsh winsock reset" command. Or check this article:

How to troubleshoot network connectivity problems in Internet xplorerDescribes how to troubleshoot network connectivity problems in Internet Explorer. www.support.microsoft.com/kb/936211

Windows might be turning off the network adapter to save power. Turn off the power-saving option in the network adapter's properties :

1. Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, clicking Network and Sharing Center, and then clicking Manage network connections.
    2. Right-click the connection, and then click Properties. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. On the Networking tab, click Configure.
    4. On the Power Management tab, clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box, and then click OK.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Hi
    Guys thanks for the help , It must have been the power settings. Since I switched to maximum performance it has been working fine. I'm glad its sorted thanks again

ThumbsUp Re: Windows Vista drops Internet connection

Thank you guys!!! I was just thinking about installing UBUNTU... I think it won't take long because I'm really tired of VISTA!!!

I was having the same problem, and all I had to do was update my Network Adapter.

To do this I proceeded through the following steps...and so far so good, haven't been dropped yet!

1. In "Control Panel" select "Device Manager"
    2. Select the first device under "Network Adapters"
    3. Click on the "Driver" tab and select "update driver"
    4. You can either choose "Search automatically" which will allow windows to find the driver update online and install it automatically, or "Browse my computer" to do it manually
    5. If you receive the message that the driver is already up-to-date, this is not the network adapter that is causing you problems, so move onto the next one listed and go through the steps again.