Thread: How To Check Who Are Connected To My Computer?

sad How To Check Who Are Connected To My Computer?

Hi..! I often use my laptop at public wi-fi zone at a local cafeteria. Since i started using the cafeteria's wi-fi, my computer has crashed a hundreds of time! i'm tired of re-installing Windows OS in my computer. Is there a way through which i can see who all are connected to my computer without having to buy a software for it? Windows firefall doesn't let me connect to the cafeteria's network so i have to disable it! Any other way? Please help Guys!

Re: How To Check Who Are Connected To My Computer?

You can use the windows in-built command to check which all computers are connected to your computer through their domain names or ip addresses.

The command is NetStat Stands for Network Status.

Syntax & Available options :

Code:
    netstat [-a] [-e] [-n] [-s] [-p protocol] [-r] [interval]
    Meaning of each option :

-a Displays all connections and listening ports. Server connections are normally not shown.

-e Displays Ethernet statistics. This may be combined with the -s option.

-n Displays addresses and port numbers in numerical form (rather than attempting name look-ups).

-s Displays per-protocol statistics. By default, statistics are shown for TCP, UDP, ICMP, and IP. The -p option can be used to specify a subset of the default.

-p protocol Shows connections for the protocol specified by protocol; protocol can be tcp or udp. If used with the -s option to display per-protocol statistics, protocol can be tcp, udp, icmp, or ip.

-r Displays the contents of the routing table.

interval Redisplays selected statistics, pausing interval seconds between each display.

Press CTRL+B to stop redisplaying statistics. If this parameter is omitted, netstat prints the current configuration information only once.

Re: How To Check Who Are Connected To My Computer?

Thanks man, was worrying that i would have to buy a new firewall software. but my problem is if the windows firewall doesn't let me connect to the cafeteria wi-fi then other firewalls would do the same. i need to keep an eye on my network because there are some guys at the cafeteria that are computer freaks! and i think its them who hack my computer and crash it. the cafeteria owner records and keeps static ip address for the public zone there! If i am sure those people are fiddling with my machine, i can take some action, but without proof i cannot...! thanks to you! you're a saviour!