Thread: How to generate Event log for the Windows Application events

How to generate Event log for the Windows Application events

I realise that my computer sets a log to maximum size of 512 kB, and for the application it generates for the 256 kB,but problem i notice when I reboot my computer every time NT tells me it is full.
    I don't understand one thing that if i had the maximum size of 512 KB then why eventlog service refuse to log more application events?Why explorer does not allow me to acquire space more than 256 KB?

Please help me.

Re: How to generate Event log for the Windows Application events

Are you sure nobody changed the log settings after the log was cleared the last time? Your experience is reproducable:

1. Put the log in overwrite mode.
    2. Set the maximum size to 256 KB.
    3. Clear it.
    4. Fill it, until overwrite takes place. (Elwiz will say "0 % empty")
    5. Change the settings to "Never overwrite"
    6. Increasing the maximum log size won't have any effect now! (until the log is cleared, even reboot won't help in this case)

The standard eventviewer will not warn you about this unexpected behaviour (though it does warn when you decrease the log size). If you want predictable results, the only way is to clear the log after changing some of it's settings!

Windows event log management is an important need in almost all enterprises. EventLog Analyzer can collect, analyze, report, and archive all event logs received from all the Windows systems in your network. Windows Event Log Monitor and Analysis are the important functions performed for Windows Event Log Management. As part of Windows Event Log monitoring, EventLog Analyzer collects, normalizes, aggregates Windows Event Logs. Windows Event Log Analyzer application analyzes the logs.

FOR MORE INFO:
    http://manageengine.adventnet.com/pr...anagement.html

Event Log Explorer is an effective software solution for viewing, monitoring and analyzing events recorded in Security, System, Application and another logs of Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 operating systems. Event Log Explorer greatly extends standard Windows Event Viewer monitoring functionality and brings many new features.

You can also download the Event Log Explorer here: