Thread: IE Critical Error!virus detected in Windows Vista

IE Critical Error!virus detected in Windows Vista

i am working on vista. i am using IE for web browsing but now my systems seems to be infected with a virus, and I am hoping someone could help me here.while using Internet Explorer, I got the error message Critical Error! with some more warnings
    Attention, admin! Some dangerous viruses detected in your system. Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium files corrupted.
    This may lead to the destruction of important files in C:\Windows. Download protection software now!
    Click OK to download the antispyware. Recommended
    it also try to redirect me some other site which i instantly closed down. I have a McAfee anti-virus installed but has not detected any virus can any body help me help to overcome this. thank you .

Re: IE Critical Error!virus detected in Windows Vista

your McAfee anti-virus does not contain with anti-spyware therefore it is unable to dectect any thing. your problem is regarding mail ware so download anti-Malware and anti-spyware and scan.

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)

Use Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
    3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
    4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
    5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Then run Startup Control Panel and disable any not required startups
    Then download CCleaner, and remove all the other temporary files
    Restart
    Then run Anti-Malware updated scan
    Remove anything found

Download Hijackthis

install Hijackthis
    then it will create log file which give to details of any modification
    In the log, check if you see any bhoextn.dll references.
    If you see it, you might need to delete this file.

Additionally if you really want to be sure, you can try other antivirus online scans.BitDefender is best.

try this
    Some types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it. Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.

If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run.

i think you should go with bootable antivirus cd that migt help you
    Bootable Antivirus CD?

or Please follow all the steps below:

1. Go to http://ubcd4win.com/downloads.htm
    2. Select a mirror with a green status. (like "Mirror#3" for example)
    3. When you click on the mirror it will take you to another site where the download will be available.
    4. Click the download link for Ultimate Boot CD and save the download to wherever you download stuff.
    5. Once the installer has been downloaded double click it.
    6. Choose your language
    7. Click next about 3 more times and select the file path where you would like to install ultimate boot cd 4 win. Please note that you should have a drive with at least 5-10 gb of free space to allow for future plugin growth. I will choose C:\UBCD4Win. The install should take a few minutes.
    8. Click Yes to the MD5 Hash Check. The install will continue once the hash check succeeds.
    9. Click Yes to see if a patch file exists.
    10. Click the checkbox to launch ubcd4winbuilder.exe.
    11. Click the "i agree" button.
    12. Click "NO" to searching for windows files.
    13. Obtain a windows xp operating system disc w/SP2.
    14. Explore the disc and copy the entire content (all the folders and files on the windows xp cd) to any location on your computer. You should allocate at least 700 MB of free space for the windows xp disc.
    15. Open UBCD4win (if it's not already open). Click Source browse button (3 dots ...) and browse to your i386 folder. My path was C:\WindowsXPcd\ for example.
    16. Next go to the media output section and choose a spot for your ISO image to be created. This ISO can be burned with almost any burning software. Once the ISO is burned it will be bootable.
    17. Next, click the plugins button. Don't be too overwhelmed here, actually you should be very happy! Look at all those plugins!
    18. Now it's time to update our anti-malware software packages.
    19. The first one I have on my list is a-squared free anti-spyware. Click that line and then click the config button. A command prompt will automatically open and start downloading the latest updates for that program...totally awesome, isn't it!
    20. So, now you need to update all the anti-malware programs in our plugin list. Click each one and then hit the config button.
    21. After you're done configing/updating your plugins click the close button.
    22. Next, click Build.
    23. Click yes to create a directory and then click i agree.
    24. At this point your ISO is created and is ready to be burned.