Thread: Router D-Link DI-524

Router D-Link DI-524

Hello friends,

I have Router D-Link DI-524 connected to my computer,and used this to connect over the Internet, I spend most of days hour over the internet and so that I wanted to secure my personal information stored on my computer so can anyone provide me the guidelines How to achieve this.

Thanks

Re: Router D-Link DI-524

The DI-524 wireless router, by default, is not secured and so it is up to the user to secure the router before connecting to it. To secure a D-Link DI-524, use the following steps:

1. Connect your computer to the router using a physical network cable if you are able to. If you can't, then just connect to the router through a wireless connection.
    2. Open you Web browser and enter IP address into the address of the browser. This is an internal IP address to the router setup.
    3. When prompted, enter the user ID and password for the router. By default, the user ID is Admin and the password is left blank.
    4. First, the administrative password needs to be changed. Click the Tools tab to display the Admin page.

For Further steps you can have the following link:
    http://www.howtodothings.com/compute...-di-524-router

i dont have much idea about how to secure the connection via router but i can share some comments related to Router D-link 524.
    one of the best things about this is it supports 63 character 256bit WPA passphrases. this means virtually uncrackable wifi.

very stable operation and all round good performance.

one problem I have is sometimes when I restart the router from the control interface it hangs. other than this its great.

Check there might be possibility of disable the SSID broadcast that won't help with securing my wireless connection.

And for that It has been mentioned many times that disabling your SSID broadcast will help secure your network. The reality is that those who attempt to get into your wireless network will be able to easily pick up or SSID whether it is broadcasted or not.

You may also have problems connecting to your wireless router if you disable the broadcasting of your SSID. I keep it enabled.