Thread: How to prevent the use of a program?

How to prevent the use of a program?

Hello!
    I hope not to have the wrong section ....

I have a question to ask: is there a way to prevent it on a computer used a program (already installed)?
    And there is a way to avoid that a program is installed?

I know that there are programs that do this, but I do not want to use programs (I would rather act through a registry entry or hidden files etc ...)

We wonder why this is! Simply because I have several home computers, and on one of these I do not want to be installed and used a pair of programs.

Because I do not want me to come and ask why I have restricted the use and installation of those programs, I would like the whole issue seemed to be an operating system that denies the use or installation of that program.

Have a suggestion?

Re: How to prevent the use of a program?

I think that is the only non-privileged user to use, so only the admin can install programs and users can run only the files that have the correct privileges.
    To prohibit the use of programs already installed should be amended permits executables.

The solution has at least 2 problems:
    - There are programs with versions "portable", thus not requiring installation
    - If now all PC users use the same user (for more admin) they will certainly change

Or operation, install a HIPS, install programs that do not want to be used, block them with HIPS and put a password all HIPS (I do not know what HIPS permit, I know of only Online Armor) so that people do not HIPS can open the program to unlock among other things, without opening the HIPS, it is does not boot.

But yes, it is not the easy thing..

edit: and then, I do not know what would happen if you uninstall and reinstall the programs, perhaps the HIPS forget the previous rule (edit2: I tried with Online Armor, you remember the rules of the programs eliminated) ...

Or operation, install a HIPS, install programs that do not want to be used, block them with HIPS and put a password all HIPS (I do not know what HIPS permit, I know of only Online Armor) so that people do not HIPS can open the program to unlock among other things, without opening the HIPS, it is does not boot.

But yes, it is not the easy thing..

edit: and then, I do not know what would happen if you uninstall and reinstall the programs, perhaps the HIPS forget the previous rule (edit2: I tried with Online Armor, you remember the rules of the programs eliminated) ...
    Thanks for the advice, but I want to avoid installing programs. I would only intervene if possible at the register

With the editor of the Group Policy (gpedit.msc) you could make restrictions, a sort of blacklist.

Code:
     Administrative Templates>> System>> Do not run specified windows applications>> Properties>> On>> View>> Add
    Or change the permissions (authorization) of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE bringing the various groups in read-only.