Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-01-2009

Windows 2003 LockOut Accounts

Hello,

I have this problem, one day users complain that there account is locked out, when I check almost all of them is locked out, so I unchecked the Locked Out to each users, after two hours I noticed it happened again, so I went to group policy and disable the lockout then gpupdate, now to filter all the users who is still locked out I create an LDAP query to users

(&(objectCategory=Person)(objectClass=User)(lockoutTime>=1))

then run the query, looks almost all users are still listed that is locked out, now I check the status of the user, the Account is Locked Out is disabled but still on the list, I verify the query to other server and there I see no locked out means the query is working fine.

Any Idea shared is highly appreciated

Thanks,
Old 24-01-2009

Re: Windows 2003 LockOut Accounts

hi this can help you and user's

On a computer running Windows Small Business Server 2003, click Start, and then click Server Management.

In the console tree, click Users.

In the details pane, right-click the user account that is locked out, and then click Properties.

On the User Properties page, click the Account tab.

Clear the Account is locked out check box to unlock the account.
Old 24-01-2009

If you have an account locked out then it is most likely caused by someone either trying an old password, sometimes an old password cached, or a hacker trying to break into your account.

You can use the Microsoft Account Lockout and Management Tools download to scan all of the computers on your network for access denied / logon failure messages and many other kind of netwoking events easily.

Downlaod this tool from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-b999adde0b9e (cache)

Take a look at Account Lockout Examiner tool on www.netwrix.com. The tool scans eventlog and computers for cached account passwords to identify account lockout reason automatically. We experienced the same problem in our network, the tool helps us identify scheduled task with old cached password which causes account lockout.
Old 26-01-2009

Quote:
AcctInfo.dll. Helps isolate and troubleshoot account lockouts and to change a user's password on a domain controller in that user's site.
In that MS site they says like below..I don't know what..is that..? Password Change from client end..? Is this install Client end or to the domain controller. Are u using this tool.?
Please give me a comment

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,