Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Setting up manual IP address

Networking & Security

Old 21-01-2009

Setting up manual IP address

Hello everyone,

I would like to know that how can i set up a manual ip address for my computer?
I'm using home network with a DHCP server running on a router. Many computers are having automatically assigned IP addresses, but some computers need to be set a manual ip address. Can any one tell me how can i set a static ip address for those computers?

Thanking you in advance.

Old 21-01-2009

Re: Setting up manual IP address

Try to follow this steps.

1) Open the control panel--> Open Network Connections--> Then Right-click on the "Local Area Connection" (unless you've renamed it to something else) and Then Choose "Properties"--> Then (in the "general" tab) Select "Internet Protocol(TCP/IP)" and Click on "Properties" button. Check the "Use the Following IP address" checkbox and enter your desired IP address.

This is how can you set a manual ip address for your computers. Once you have done with it, close all the dialogs box.
Old 21-01-2009

Re: Setting up manual IP address

In order, if you are using server then try to do a mac reservation address in the router to avoid conflict. There are lots of tool available on website which can be use for scanning your network.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: