Re: To uninstall McAfee
How to Perform Normal Uninstall Using Control Panel
To use Control Panelís Add or Remove Programs utility to remove McAfee Security Center from your system, perform the following steps:
1. Open the Start menu, and select Control Panel.
2. Double-click the Add or Remove Programs option to open the corresponding window.
3. Locate and select McAfee Security Center listed in the Add or Remove Programs window and select Remove.
4. Select all checkboxes on the screen to select the McAfee products you want to remove and proceed with the removal process. To ensure complete uninstall, you must uninstall all McAfee Security Center products- McAfee VirusScan, McAfee Personal Firewall, McAfee Privacy Service, and McAfee SpamKiller.
5. Restart the PC after the uninstallation is complete.
In case, after restart, you see that SecurityCenter has not uninstalled even after you have uninstalled all other McAfee products, then perform to following steps:
1. Open My Computer.
2. Navigate to McAfee Program Files folder. For example, C:\Program Files\McAfee.)
3. Here, open the \Agent\App folder.
4. In this folder, locate all files with the .adf extension and delete them.
5. Finally, open the Add or Remove Programs window again and select McAfee Security Center to uninstall it.
I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
known to man kind: Human Brain