Thread: Netgear WNDR3700 Dual Band Router

Netgear WNDR3700 Dual Band Router

With the WNDR3700, Netgear claims to have developed the Rolls Royce of wireless routers, bringing together all the features and parameters that the right to expect the user requires, in a case involving a real dual band 802.11n connection to four gigabit Ethernet ports.

The WNRD3300, the previous high-end brand in terms of U.S. dual band routers, offered an opportunity to use both tracks of 2.4 and 5 GHz, but only the second was used in 802.11n, the second being limited to support for 802.11g. The WRND3700 therefore fill this gap, which will take full advantage of the dual band capabilities. What claim, according to the manufacturer, a theoretical bandwidth of 600 Mb / s wireless connection!

The poster WRND3700 also four gigabit Ethernet ports, which therefore allow the establishment of links wired up to 1000 Mb / s. The router, which introduces the design of future models of Netgear, is animated by a MIPS processor at 680 MHz and has eight antennas inside the housing.

It also takes advantage of the WPS feature, intended to facilitate the establishment of a wireless network, and a new installation wizard, revised for the sake of simplicity. Finally, a USB port, run by a dedicated chip, will add to the router, a storage device, USB flash drive or external hard drive, whose contents will be accessible on the network. Arrival around the end of the first half, at a price, on the Web, about 150 euros.

Netgear also announced at CES the launch of MBR624GV, a 3G router that will allow the holder of a USB key provided by 3G mobile operators to share the connection of it through a wired network or 802.11g WiFi. Proposed four Ethernet ports, this router 3G does not therefore have the usual entry WAN, but a single USB port to host the key 3G. Just launched in the United States, the MBR624GV should make its entry into Europe in the coming months, the time for Netgear to integrate all drivers are required to make the keys used by local operators at a price approximately 120 euros.

Re: Netgear WNDR3700 Dual Band Router

always been satisfied with this brand of netgear and with less price of their product, quality and desing, plus easy to install with the CD, and firmware are easy to configure

Personally my netgear WNR3500 has disappointed me. THE WNDR3700 may be a deluxe model, it does not have these features, while a € 30 shareware for Windows (NetLimiter) has him!

I have the Netgear WNDR4300 and suddenly, the wired ethernet ports STOPPED WORKING (after being fine for about 6 months) and then, one started again-for no clear reason! How do I activate the other ports?

I have the Netgear WNDR4300 and suddenly, the wired ethernet ports STOPPED WORKING (after being fine for about 6 months) and then, one started again-for no clear reason! How do I activate the other ports?
    There are possibilities that the ports might have gone faulty but then if you want to try out a workaround then just save the configuration that you are using and then do a factory reset and after that just re-load the configuration settings and see if it is making any difference.