Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2009

Which is the best way for splitting an internet connection?

Can any one tell me which is the best way for splitting up an internet connection? I wanted to split it into two devices. Even wants to know that which is the best splitter? Have an ethernet cable connection.

Thanking You!!
Old 10-01-2009

Re: Which is the best way for splitting an internet connection?

Hey may i know that what are those two devices? Means to say whether it is a computer or printer. Which type of connection are you using at home? Is it DSL, Fibre Otics or Dial up connection?

And last but not the least what's your internet speed?
Old 10-01-2009

According to me, you can either go for Router or for 5- 8 Ports Switch. Plug your ethernet cable connection into the switch and then try to plug more lan cables to the switch. You can use it for every device that you might be running off it.
Old 10-01-2009

I'll always recommend you to go for a Router or a Switch. But don't go for Hub, even if you just need one connectivity for your printer.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: