Thread: URL protocols

URL protocols

hi
    i want to edit some URL protocols so i can use them with requirement .
    but i am not getting how can i work on that so please can any one can help me ?
    thank you!

Re: URL protocols

hi ,

URLProtocol View is a simple utility that displays all URL protocols (for example: ftp:, telnet:, mailto: ) that are currently installed on your system. For each URL protocol, the following information is displayed: The protocol name, the protocol description, the command-line that is executed when you type or click the URL, the product name, and the company name.
    This utility also allows you to easily enable/disable the URL protocols.

System Requirements

This utility works on the following operating systems: Windows 98/ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Vista.

Using URLProtocolView
    URLProtocolView doesn't require any installation process or additional DLLs. Just copy the executable file (URLProtocolView.exe) to any folder you like, and run it.
    The main window of URLProtocolView displays all URL protocols installed on your system. You can easily disable a protocol by selecting it and pressing F8. To enable it back, press F7.

Warning:
    don't disable the mailto protocol
    Windows operating system has a strange bug with mailto: protocol.
    When the mailto protocol is disabled (which means that there is no default email program for handling 'mailto:' URLs), and you click or type a mailto: URL, Windows displays an error message saying that there is no default email program, and then, unexpectedly, dozens of Internet Explorer windows (35 - 55) are opened quite rapidly, until there are no system resources to open more windows...
    Due to this bug, it's recommended to avoid disabling the mailto protocol.

However, if you want to watch this bug, just for fun, here's the steps to reproduce it:

1. Run URLProtocolView, select the 'mailto' protocol entry, and press F8 to disable it.

2. Go to the 'Run' dialog-box of Windows or to the address bar of Internet explorer and type something that begins with mailto: , for example - mailto:nirsoft@nirsoft.net (You can type any email you like)
    press enter to activate the URL, and wait

3. Windows will display an error message. click the 'OK' button

4. Watch the opening windows show

Command-Line Options
    /stext <Filename> Save the list of all URL Protocol entries into a regular text file.
    /stab <Filename> Save the list of all URL Protocol entries into a tab-delimited text file.
    /stabular <Filename> Save the list of all URL Protocol entries into a tabular text file.
    /shtml <Filename> Save the list of all URL Protocol entries into HTML file (Horizontal).
    /sverhtml <Filename> Save the list of all URL Protocol entries into HTML file (Vertical).
    /sxml <Filename> Save the list of all URL Protocol entries to XML file.

download
    http://www.brothersoft.com/d.php?sof...otocolview.zip