Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2009

How can I disable internet when i'm not accessing it.

Hello,

I would like to disable my internet whenever I?m not accessing it. I share pc with my younger brother . He stays on the internet up to late night surfing and chatting . As my pc is in the bedroom and I also sleep there, he play some music while surfing and chatting and that disturbs my sleep. I have warn him several times but it seems to be of no use. So is there any way that I can lock my pc or can disable the internet whenever I don?t want to access the net. Can any one help me out with this problem?
Old 05-01-2009

Re: How can I disable internet when i'm not accessing it.

Hey try to follow these steps:

1) Try to disable your default administration account and create a new password for it, Don?t share this password with your bother.

2) Then create a standard account for your brother and tell him to use this account. No password is required for this account.

3) Then you log in to the ? Admin Account ? and configure the settings for the other accounts. In that you will find parental controls in which you will get all the information. Try to set a daily limit for accessing the internet for other accounts.

Hope so this might help you to resolve the problem.
Old 05-01-2009

Re: How can I disable internet when i'm not accessing it.

Hey dude thanks for suggesting these steps.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: