Thread: Problem connecting wifi with multiple computers

Problem connecting wifi with multiple computers

we have recently moved into an apartment and waiting for the installation of our own internet line, we asked a person in the neighborhood if it was possible to have a WEP key to its connection (DSL) for Internet in wi-fi. We have two laptops; mine with Windows Vista, that of my friend with XP. However, it seems impossible to connect two computers together on the network. I connected the first, thus entering the WEP key of the person. But my friend, who then followed the same process with his computer could not connect to the network. When searching the Windows error, the IP address was mentioned, saying it was in conflict with another system (I can not remember the exact wording of the error). It is necessary that my computer should be off, so it can connect with hers. Is there a way to solve this problem?

Re: Problem connecting wifi with multiple computers

To summarize there is a conflict of IP addressing. when two computers on a local network on the Internet have been using the same IP address is called as IP address conflict . An IP address conflict occurs IP conflicts between two computers normally render either one or both of them unusable for network operations.Did you, on one PC set fixed IP?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
    To summarize there is a conflict of IP addressing. when two computers on a local network on the Internet have been using the same IP address is called as IP address conflict . An IP address conflict occurs IP conflicts between two computers normally render either one or both of them unusable for network operations.Did you, on one PC set fixed IP?
    yup i have fixed ip on the both computer

Quote Originally Posted by Randolphs View Post
    yup i have fixed ip on the both computer
    so that is the problem what you need to do is assigned different ip address for different pc but also make sure you need to assigned dame gateways address hope it does help you