Thread: How to share a scanner over network

How to share a scanner over network

Some how i had tried to managed to share both my hard drive along with my printer over a wireless network from Xp to vista with the help of my old laptop. I would love to share my scanner too over the network. I have two printers in which one is laser and another one is inkjet featuring scanner in it. I wanted to share both of them over my wireless network and if possible even my scanner too.

Re: How to share a scanner over network

Hey I have not seen anyone sharing a scanner across a network, but i think it is possible to share from more than a printer across the network. Just perform the steps and you might be able to do it:-

Open your Control Pannel--> In that select Printer--> And in that select Add Printer which you can see on the top ( Assuming that you might be using Vista )

Quote Originally Posted by Azzan View Post
    Hey I have not seen anyone sharing a scanner across a network, but i think it is possible to share from more than a printer across the network. Just perform the steps and you might be able to do it:-

Open your Control Pannel--> In that select Printer--> And in that select Add Printer which you can see on the top ( Assuming that you might be using Vista )

Hey sorry to say but there's some kind of problem unless if it's a network scanner. I have not seen such a way of sharing a local scanner over the network.

Anyway thanks a lot!!

I'll try to do something different such as sharing the comp's hard drive and will try to scan the files on them. Would probably try to use a VNC software which might allow me to access the rig's desktop and also allows me to scan it.

Hey I was asking for my scanner and not for my printer. Anyway I know how to share my printers on the network. When i was in my school even at that time they were not able to do so,instead of using those pricey Canon scanners.

Anyway i'll try to manage it on my laptop server which is currently not working due to having dead drive. So before using it, i'll try first to find out one of them or will try by setting up a live Linux setup which only uses 256Mb of RAM.

Hey I haven't used this site but one of the guy who works here says it is a good site and it works great.

Below is the link of that site:-

http://www.remote-scan.com/

Hey Guys!
    I guess you need to have a look at this thread : share scanner over lan

ThumbsUp Re: How to share a scanner over network

You can share your scanner on a network using ScanWorks RemoteTwain. RemoteTwain is a TWAIN driver so you still can use your any scan application and scan from scanner remotely. Application will work as if this scanner would be attached to your computer.

Scanique
    Share your scanner across the network just like you share a printer! Scanique will turn any scanner into a network scanner, offering local and remote scanning capabilities with automatic document feeder support.