Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

how to access windows network drive?

Networking & Security

Old 30-12-2008

how to access windows network drive?

Hello,
Since a machine running Linux, I'd like to know how to access a partition or a shared folder on another Windows machine?

If someone has an idea ...

Thank you in advance

Old 30-12-2008

Re: how to access windows network drive?

On the linux machine you need a client samba. The server is your windows machine that hosts the shared folder. This will allow to be able to access the data Linux side only. Under windows you can access directly, as they are locally on your Windows machine.

Finally it is if I understand what you wanted to do, but I begin to have doubts. You have a Windows machine that contains a folder, and you wish to access this folder from your linux machine, is that right?
Old 30-12-2008

Yes, this is it.
But since the two systems are on a TCP / IP, there is no way to directly access a little more like windows pc to pc windows .
Old 30-12-2008

I followed your advice, I installed "smbclient and smbfs.
The command "sudo mount-t smbfs / / 192.168.10.3/MAIL / mnt / dossmail works and I read / write access to the shared folder in Windows

Thank you!

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , ,