Thread: Unable to Install Kaspersky Antivirus.

Unable to Install Kaspersky Antivirus.

I was trying to install new Anti Virus software thats Kaspersky. But during the installation process it showed me that you have an uncompatiable application installed on your system. For installing the new antivirus software first you have to remove the Avg 8 which was installed first in my system. But previously i was using Filseclab Twister Antivirus and before twister i had used Avg. I'm not able to solve this problem and install the new antivirus. Can anyone help me out.

Thank You.

Re: Unable to Install Kaspersky Antivirus.

May i know that why have you chosen to leave AVG and go for Kaspersky?

Try to delete the remnants by going into the folder "Program Files" which you can see in your partitions. Delete all that contents which shows you in the name of AVG, and Grisoft.

You can also search for the Hidden Files such as "$AVG8.VAULT$" (Or you can also try to find out the similar one from an earlier version).

You can delete these Hidden folder, which is located in one of your partitions.

Please delete only the stated items otherwise you might damaged your Operating system if done incorrectly.

Otherwise you have to start Regedit, and from the top, start a Search for Grisoft. Make a check mark to all except the lowest check box.
    Click on the search button and if it finds a key or value then delete it. You will claerly recognise that it is from Grisoft or AVG.

Keep on pressing F3 key and after each process repeat it untill the whole registry is shown as finished.

After finishing the process, return to the uppermost top, and start a Search for AVG.

After completing the process close Regedit, and restart the computer.

Then, it might help you to install new Antivirus.

If you trying to run AVG 8 installation program, then select uninstall (assuming that option is available with the pc in the current state.) If you are not able to do so then reinstall the application and then try to uninstall immediately after the pc restart. Often many times uninstaller will remove the offending entries.

Then the Windows installer will cleanup the utility from Microsoft which is another option.

Refer to the below link:-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

I had already checked all the items which is named with AVG but i'm still not able to resolve the problem. Now i have decided to remove AVG because it is not good with its spywares and other net viruses. It also do not have the features which states or defines about the suspicious activity running on the system such as Keyloggers. Even it does not allow the registry to be done by the malicious scripts.

May some parts of the program might be running on your system that have been left behind after the process of un-installation.

Try this link:-

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Or you may use cleaner to remove any registry enteries:

http://www.ccleaner.com/