Thread: Folder Options Hidden

Folder Options Hidden

Hi, days ago that I want to open a hidden file, but I can not find an option to see hidden files and system, safe mode fails and I'm looking for that option appears without any problem, as you can do to activate the option of options folder on xp in normal mode or I can do

thanks

Re: Folder Options Hidden

Hey hey look is not quite that option you are exactly relate, I'm not sure if I'm in the thinking but let me give you a better council :

1.-Start

2.-Control Panel

Look closely at the hearing whether these classical or that of a category I recommend the classic view.

3 .- Folder Options

4 .- Select the "View"

Two options are very important here 1: is to see hidden folders, 2: the other is to "hide files protected by the operating system", well here in this case selects the second option uncheck in the box where it says hide files protected by the system so that the box is not selected then a message comes, that says:

"Warning"

"You have chosen to display files"

Then click Apply.

Well I hope that you will serve ...

Re: Folder Options Hidden

Hey, if following the steps mentioned above, the problem persists follow these steps:

- Go to Start -> Run, type regedit and hit Enter.

- In the Registry Editor, navigate to get to this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Curren ntVersion \ Explorer \ Advanced

- In the right pane of the Advanced subkey, look for the Hidden Value and give it double click.

- If Hidden is set to 2, means that NO will show hidden files or folders. On the contrary if Hidden is set to 1, means that SI will show hidden files or folders.

- Close the Registry Editor and check the results.

If the error still persists download and run the tool MismaSXS that eliminates the infection that caused this problem.