Thread: Is this Trojan We could say?

Is this Trojan We could say?

Hello there everybody,

Last Night I pulled a Trojan off the Web that doesn't seem to slow down my overall performance or anything but has a very annoying downfall - Norton 2007 and Trend Micro 2008 did not remove it, Norton didn't even find it and I have no idea how to even go around doing this,Therefore I asking for help!

All it does is that it creates a pop up with Windows error message telling that system is being infected and I need to download Anti-Spyware software now - It gives an option Yes or No, no matter what I click it opens my browser with a fraud web-page pretending to immitate the My Computer screen and it want's me to download a file called "ieav.exe".

This error message comes when I moved to different folder or the another drive.

I'm really clueless from here on and I wish I knew how to get rid of this, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me.

Re: Is this Trojan We could say?

Run an online scan with http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Trend Micro HouseCall is an application for checking whether your computer has been infected by viruses, spyware, or other malware. HouseCall performs additional security checks to identify and fix vulnerabilities to prevent reinfection.

Bit Defender Online Scanner is also one of the good Online scanner.

BitDefender Online Scanner is an on-demand virus scanner which incorporates the award-winning BitDefender scanning engines. You can use it to scan your system's memory, all files and drives' boot sectors, and to automatically clean infected files.

Hi,
    some Trojan are not been detectable by some anti-virus, and according to me most of the Anti-virus are not capable of searching the Trojan so it would be recommended that to have the licensed version of that.

Thanks