Thread: problem with norton ghost 2003

problem with norton ghost 2003

my problem is:
    I have a motherboard intel d845pebt2 and xpsp3 and have installed the norton ghost 2003 and the BIOS settings I have the disks within the parameter legacy to me without any problem detected, but when changing computer and want to use SATA disks, when I try to run it to make an image to start my screen freezes and can not do anything but reset. I was told that this is due to imcompatibilities between the motherboard and SATA disks and therefore we must always have in the bios set to legacy, but it is in my other computer I have configured as the legacy and it also freezes. So I dont where to go, please help me.
    "The answer is out there, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to."

Re: problem with norton ghost 2003

I understand it says that the systems that want to support SATA disks are having no problem, your system is running well in the SATA .. Norton Ghost 2003 is a very good backup software but as you know quite old, needs boot diskettes and probably is not compatible with SATA is not recognized because it has its drivers, for these cases I recommend that you use the Acronis a much later version of Ghost eg such as Ghost 11, although I personally had issues with compatible of 2003's I like but I am not convinced by norton later, I mean that in case I use Acronis to say that if compatible with SATA.

thanks for answering

so tell me, then the problem goes by the version of Norton? There will be no way to incorporate the SATA drivers with norton, the operating system, or any changes to the side when using the norton which can be lifted from there and can use it? if so, I think I will be trying this decisive Acronis I see how it works
    "The answer is out there, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to."

Here is the solution to Ghost and SATA drivers. You need ver 793 and Ghost will work great. Download the rar file and follow the instructions in the text file enclosed in it.
    Last edited by G_Mukesh; 21-04-2009 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Invalid Link Removed