Thread: Configuring Security: assessments and software

Configuring Security: assessments and software

I decided to open this thread on this topic to the many that are formed on the home page of Antivirus and security asking questions about your configuration of security they take on their personal computers.

As you all know, nowadays have a decent security system has become very important if not mandatory because of the many hackers and malware that run continuously in the network of the Internet.

Each of us, when your computer performs operations other: there are those who use the computer to pay bills online, for those who download the mp3 from eMule and so on.All these operations, and most of what you do today, require access to the Internet, which in turn leads to a result: security.

That is why I have made a voluntary opening of this thread that could remedy the opening of new discussions about the use of antivirus software, firewalls and so on. In this way I can help make clearer ideas to all those - which in any case have to post to this discussion doubts / questions - who need to find / compare their "defensive line".

Based on this, I decided to take some configurations as an example, Based on the characteristics of some computer hardware.
    Lately asks for information about installing antivirus / firewall on a computer rather dated:
    Taking into account a computer with: 800/1000 MHz PIII, a sufficient quantity of which 512 mb RAM, a configuration Ideally:

• To fight with a virus, better to make up little RAM and that overall not too much weight the system such as might be Antivirus Personal Edition, NOD32, AVG. In my opinion, and not only advises you install Avast! Antivirus which would only at the expense of our security.
    • If possible- even according to your skills - would also require the installation of a firewall that today is almost essential.On such a system, namely the consideration above, and for that I would advise not too implement heavy firewall like Netveda for example, or configured properly Comodo.
    • To overcome the poor performance of the computer, it would be an ideal to have good Antispyware, maybe not to take the Real Time Protection activated but you should be scheduled scans - On-demand - to perform at least twice a week. In this case many antispyware available on the market should be more than good.

An example that comes to mind regarding quality / performance is AVG Anti-spyware edition FREE, which still allows for updates to use but does not allow for a real-time protection, which falls perfectly into our estimate.

We now see another type of hardware: The vast majority of computers today, take as the Pentium4 CPU or equivalent Athlon XP/64.
    Assuming you have a computer with a P4 from 2.4/2.6 for example, or an Athlon XP 2500/2800/3000 + a configuration like the one following that is more appropriate and respectable.

A system of this kind can turn almost everything, then we see at this point to find a compromise. Regarding the Anti-choice one could opt for something more powerful and more controls that apply to our PC, so the suite of security problems will not have to turn on our computer.
    So you might think to choose: Kaspersky Internet Security / Antivirus, BitDefender, Antivir, NOD, and all the most popular Antivirus that are available on the software market.

Un Firewall (which in the case of Internet security is already integrated) such as Comodo Personal Firewall Pro - which now appears to be the best.

Un Antispyware software that has real-time protection which could be Spysweeper, AVG Antispyware (pay-edition) SUPERAntiSpyware and so on.

Needless to say that on the newer system is able to run any type of software. say that we can build on the framework set up.

It would also be ideal, regardless of the hardware configuration, hold an anti-rootkit such as rootkits unhooker, Panda anti etc, to be performed from time to time to verify the presence of these threats.
    Run from time to time as HijackThis software that allow you to check what is running and what is installed on your computer.

Also - what do that for granted but which unfortunately is not always the case - is absolutely essential to use the latest Service Pack and updates released by microsoft site.
    Obviously I will still remember that the best security for the PC is the user and must never be taken for granted that the software can do for us

Re: Configuring Security: assessments and software

hello, I must say that you were very specific with your speech. I wanted a tip: my computer is the same as a sample taken from you in 1 case. I wanted to know if I could put the kaspersky antivirus or my advice or nod32 avira antivir premium. A solution that not too much weight on pc but it is valid.