Thread: How to reset intel proset wireless router password

How to reset intel proset wireless router password

hi
    first of all im not very good with computers so hopefully one of you guys can help me. i bought a pc for my daughter last year and got a laptop for myself, the guy next door set up the router and put the password in and now when i need him he has moved . anyway i need the password cause my daughter has a wii now and i havent a clue what the password is .

1. its an intel proset wireless router, is it possible i can find the password and if i can do i need to get a pc guy out to set the router etc back up? or is it easy enough for me to do myself. If i reset it to factory settings does that mean i need to set it up again?

any help would be great as my daughter is doing my head in

cheers

Re: How to reset intel proset wireless router password

Forgotten or Lost Router Password

The router username is always admin
    The default password is password or (for older routers) 1234
    Try the default username and password before resetting the router to the factory defaults.

When a router resets, it goes back to the state when it was new — all information that was entered by hand is lost! Examples are critical things you need to get online, such as ISP username, ISP password, IP addresses, security keys, and ports and services that were opened. It all needs to be re-entered.

So, have your ISP information before resetting the router.

Naturally, if you moved to a new city, or if you bought a used router, the old information in the router may not be of use to you. Contact your ISP if you can't connect any computer directly to the Internet.

Reset for most routers with a reset button on the rear panel
    Write down configuration information such as IP addresses, security keys, opened ports and services, etc., that you modified. (The default username is admin and the password is either password or 1234. Try these before resetting the router.)

• Press the reset button on the back until the test light blinks. This takes about 10 seconds. (To avoid accidental resets, the small button is recessed. Use a pen or paperclip to access it.)
    • Release the button.
    • Wait for the router to reboot.

1. If the router was not cleared, try these additional steps AFTER the router has finished rebooting.

• Unplug the router's power.
    • Press and hold the reset button. While the button is held down, reconnect router's power.
    • Continue to hold the reset button for 20 seconds after reconnecting the power.

For FR314, FR318, and FV318

These routers require reloading the firmware in order to recover from a lost password. Download the most recent firmware from NETGEAR's Web site before proceeding. Follow the instructions in the manual.

Hello broxie11!

There is nothing like "intel proset wireless router" in this world. What actually you might be using is "Intel PROSet/Wireless Software" for your connection. Just see which router (Company and model) you are using and reset it as said by Zachary:

Reset for most routers with a reset button on the rear panel
    Write down configuration information such as IP addresses, security keys, opened ports and services, etc., that you modified. (The default username is "admin" and the password is either "password" or "admin". Try these before resetting the router.)

• Press the reset button on the back until the test light blinks. This takes about 10 seconds. (To avoid accidental resets, the small button is recessed. Use a pen or paperclip to access it.)
    • Release the button.

Quote Originally Posted by broxie11 View Post
    hi
    first of all im not very good with computers so hopefully one of you guys can help me. i bought a pc for my daughter last year and got a laptop for myself, the guy next door set up the router and put the password in and now when i need him he has moved . anyway i need the password cause my daughter has a wii now and i havent a clue what the password is .

1. its an intel proset wireless router, is it possible i can find the password and if i can do i need to get a pc guy out to set the router etc back up? or is it easy enough for me to do myself. If i reset it to factory settings does that mean i need to set it up again?

any help would be great as my daughter is doing my head in

cheers
    Before resetting your router to default factory settings, try logging in with the default username and password first. Usually it's a combination between "admin", "password", "1234", blank login or the router brand name. If the default router's username and password still don't work, Then try to reset by the procedure explain by Zachary. Good luck.

hi
    thanks a lot for your quick response guys,ill try what u said and hopefully ill work it out

cheers