Thread: Wireless Access Point Router problem in Windows

Wireless Access Point Router problem in Windows

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem. I have a Belkin Wireless G Plus Router Part # F5D7231-4. It has a setting that allows me to use it as a wireless access point. I have it configured that way. I have a Linksys wired router plugged into my Internet connection. I then have a cable from the Linksys router plugged into the WAN port on the belkin. This seems to work fine for a while then I loose the ability to connect to the internet from any wireless computer. My connection to Belkin is Just Fine. I have a good strong signal, but I cannnot surf the web or see any of the devices I have plugged into the Linksys router. Sometimes by rebooting the Linksys router it will fix the problem. Other times I have to reboot the Belkin wireless to fix the problem. Sometimes I have to do both.

I don't know why this happens. Got any ideas?

Re: Wireless Access Point Router problem in Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Aatbodh View Post
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem. I have a Belkin Wireless G Plus Router Part # F5D7231-4. It has a setting that allows me to use it as a wireless access point. I have it configured that way. I have a Linksys wired router plugged into my Internet connection. I then have a cable from the Linksys router plugged into the WAN port on the belkin. This seems to work fine for a while then I loose the ability to connect to the internet from any wireless computer. My connection to Belkin is Just Fine. I have a good strong signal, but I cannnot surf the web or see any of the devices I have plugged into the Linksys router. Sometimes by rebooting the Linksys router it will fix the problem. Other times I have to reboot the Belkin wireless to fix the problem. Sometimes I have to do both.

Usually, when a wireless router is set up as an access point, you should connect the other router's cable to a standard LAN port instead of the WAN port

Quote Originally Posted by Aatbodh View Post

The instructions from the manual say to use the WAN port.

1. Enable the AP mode my selecting “Enable” in the “Use as Access Point only” page. When you select this option, you will be able to change the IP settings.

2. Set your IP settings to match your network. Click “Apply Changes”.

3. Connect a cable from the WAN port on the Router to your existing network.

4. The Router is now acting as an access point. To access the Router’s advanced user interface again, type the IP address you specified into your browser’s navigation bar. You can set the encryption settings, MAC address filtering, SSID, and channel normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
    The instructions from the manual say to use the WAN port.

1. Enable the AP mode my selecting “Enable” in the “Use as Access Point only” page. When you select this option, you will be able to change the IP settings.

2. Set your IP settings to match your network. Click “Apply Changes”.

3. Connect a cable from the WAN port on the Router to your existing network.

4. The Router is now acting as an access point. To access the Router’s advanced user interface again, type the IP address you specified into your browser’s navigation bar. You can set the encryption settings, MAC address filtering, SSID, and channel normally.
    He's right. Connect the two routers lan port to lan port. Leave the wan port of the belkin disconnected