Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



How To Find Out Network IP Address of My Computer ?

Networking & Security


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-11-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 36
How To Find Out Network IP Address of My Computer ?
  

Hi , EDALENE Here.

I Have a Dynamic IP Address. So it Keep changing Everytime I am Connected to Internet.the reason I created this thread is Now i want to play games with my Friends on LAN and I don't know either of IP Addresses of my Friend and My computer. our Internet is Connected But Connectivity Icon on the Taskbar is Not displayed. so I cant seem to find a Way of Knowing My IP Address. Any help would Be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-11-2008
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 171
Re: How To Find Out Network IP Address of My Computer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALENE View Post
Hi , EDALENE Here.

I Have a Dynamic IP Address. So it Keep changing Everytime I am Connected to Internet.the reason I created this thread is Now i want to play games with my Friends on LAN and I don't know either of IP Addresses of my Friend and My computer. our Internet is Connected But Connectivity Icon on the Taskbar is Not displayed. so I cant seem to find a Way of Knowing My IP Address. Any help would Be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
To know IP address of your connection

  1. Click on Start button

  2. Select Run A Run dialog box will popup like this



  3. In Run dialog box type 'cmd' (without quotes) where in picture "Regedit.exe" is written.

  4. Command Prompt will pop up at command line type 'ipconfig' (without quotes) (To see your Ip Address)

  5. Add the '/all' switch for more info.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-11-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 36
Re: How To Find Out Network IP Address of My Computer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
To know IP address of your connection

  1. Click on Start button

  2. Select Run A Run dialog box will popup like this



  3. In Run dialog box type 'cmd' (without quotes) where in picture "Regedit.exe" is written.

  4. Command Prompt will pop up at command line type 'ipconfig' (without quotes) (To see your Ip Address)

  5. Add the '/all' switch for more info.
Thanks Conrad and can you please tell me why my connectivity icon is not visible in the taskbar when i am connected to internet.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-11-2008
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 171
Re: How To Find Out Network IP Address of My Computer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALENE View Post
Thanks Conrad and can you please tell me why my connectivity icon is not visible in the taskbar when i am connected to internet.
  1. Open the Windows Control Panel. Control Panel can be found on the Windows Start Menu.
  2. Open the "Network Connections" icon in Control Panel. The Control Panel will refresh to become the "Network Connections" window. If necessary, first
  3. The Network Connections window lists all Dial-up and LAN / High-Speed Internet connections installed. In the list of LAN / High Speed Internet connections, select the icon that corresponds to the network you wish to show it notification when connected.
  4. Right-click on the selected network connection. A pop-up menu appears.goto properties
  5. There check "Show icon in notification are when connected to internet"
  6. Close the Network Connections / Control Panel window when finished.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags:



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "How To Find Out Network IP Address of My Computer ?"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Find IP Address of computer with the MAC address OhhLaLaLa Networking & Security 10 30-12-2011 09:25 PM
Want to find out IP address of computers connected to my LAN network Emily 2 Networking & Security 8 29-05-2011 01:25 AM
Another computer using the similar IP address on network ogusta89 Networking & Security 4 01-12-2010 05:13 AM
How to find the mac address of a computer Yancy Tips & Tweaks 3 02-05-2009 09:50 PM
Can't access computer on home network through ip address Manik Windows Vista Network 2 24-05-2008 10:38 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:39 PM.