Thread: Vpn Issue

Vpn Issue

I am having a weird problem with my vpn access. I can connect to the vpn but I cant access the shared folders on the server. Remote desktop to the server works fiine and you can access the shared folders right sfter the server is rebooted, the window comes up but with all the folders but will freeze if you click on any of them (then goes to not responding) and then you get an error of network path not found until the server is rebooted again. This has been driving me crazy and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Vpn Issue

Assuming they can ping each other by IP and name, that is permission or credential issue. What they need to do is creating the same of the username with the same password on other client. For example, the username of the client A is A and the client B is B. You need to create a B on the computer A and A on the computer B. Also remember, you must logon A on the A computer and B on the B computer. If you logon C on computer A or B, that doesn’t work. Or you need to add C to each computer.

For more information see here: http://www.chicagotech.net/VPN/accessvpnclient1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by einstein_007 View Post
    Assuming they can ping each other by IP and name, that is permission or credential issue. What they need to do is creating the same of the username with the same password on other client. For example, the username of the client A is A and the client B is B. You need to create a B on the computer A and A on the computer B. Also remember, you must logon A on the A computer and B on the B computer. If you logon C on computer A or B, that doesn’t work. Or you need to add C to each computer.

For more information see here: http://www.chicagotech.net/VPN/accessvpnclient1.htm
    I dont think thats the problem.....originally everything was working fine, then a port died on the router we were using and it was replaced. Since then all users can connect and get authenticated on the network no problem but the above issue results when attempting to access the shared folders on the server. The correct ports have been forwarded in the router and everything else works fine, remote desktop and vpn along with remote admin on the router all work....it just locks up on the window with the shared folders....then you get the not responding error and you cant even access the folder again until a reboot.