Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefox thunderbird can't delete emails help!

Firefox thunderbird can't delete emails help!

hey guys, im new to mozilla and thunderbird, started using them a few
    days ago and Ill be staying! Way better than that M$ crap!
    anyway...I got a bit of a problem in thunderbird:
    I have 2 messages that my isp
    has labeled as spam (as they are)
    but I cannot delete them!
    nothing happens at asll when i highlight and click delete even if i
    right-click and click move to - local folders - trash

anyhelp as Im not keen on keeping old spam mail in my inbox!
    thanks!

1. Click on the message in the message list. It will be highlited.
    2. Press Del (on keyboard) or click on the "delete" icon (7th from the
    left in my Thunderbird, but I don't remenber if it was originally there)
    or click on the "delete junk" icon (somewhere...) or use the menu: tools
    -> delete messages marked as junk.
    3. It should die now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon View Post
    1. Click on the message in the message list. It will be highlited.
    2. Press Del (on keyboard) or click on the "delete" icon (7th from the
    left in my Thunderbird, but I don't remenber if it was originally there)
    or click on the "delete junk" icon (somewhere...) or use the menu: tools
    -> delete messages marked as junk.
    3. It should die now.
    Did you even read my post?
    All that you just typed - I cant do!
    I know how to delete messages! TB just isnt letting me do it!

What about highliting the _folder_ & using "delete messages marked as junk"?

Hey, I just had this problem. Highlighting an email and pressing the Del key just won't delete the msg. What I did was I highlighted several emails, right clicked, Delete Selected Messages. Viola! They're gone! Hope that helps.

Re: Firefox thunderbird can't delete emails help!

OMG, I've tried almost everything & I still can't delete using my keyboard.

I also can't copy & paste from e-mails.

When I restart it works, then a few minutes later it stops working again.

I even tried to do with the support asked by deleting all .mtf files, & that didn't solve the problem either

It won't work even when I highlight more then one e-mail & just so I'm clear, the delete button DOES work as well as right clicking & deleting that way & it works in every other program.

Michelle

steindesign Guest
    My computer too. Started after new Thunderbird update installed a few days a ago. Definitely a drag, and none of the ususal stuff works. Can't drag to delete, use delete key, or right click and select delete. Using Vista Home Premium operating system with Thunderbird version 3.0.5

My laptop is running Thunderbird version 2.0.24 and the delete key works just fine. Also running on Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1.

First to delete mails login in the admin account of your system. Then use the keyboard del key to remove that. If that does not work then right click on the message and then click on view message source. Now you can know where Thunderbird saves its message. You can delete a .msf file from that folder and the message will go.

I can't delete messages - SOMETIMES.
    Sometimes it just removes the "bold" and the message appears in the Trash but still stays in the list. Occasionally I can delete 1 or 2, then with the next hit of the delete key it doesn't work. If I hit "delete" repeatedly on the same undeleted message, it appears in the "trash" repeatedly.
    Right-click delete doesn't always work either. Now today I had 3 messages that I opened but the "bold" didn't disappear and when I tried to delete them, the bold went away but they would not delete.
    I thought maybe it would get better with this recent upgrade and it is some different but not better. My partner -- using different computer -- same software -- no problem!
    I am open to any suggestions! My Inbox is a mess and I can't tell what is "business" and what isn't.

question Re: Firefox thunderbird can't delete emails help!

Quote Originally Posted by mariankjb View Post
    I can't delete messages - SOMETIMES.
    Sometimes it just removes the "bold" and the message appears in the Trash but still stays in the list. Occasionally I can delete 1 or 2, then with the next hit of the delete key it doesn't work. If I hit "delete" repeatedly on the same undeleted message, it appears in the "trash" repeatedly.
    Right-click delete doesn't always work either. Now today I had 3 messages that I opened but the "bold" didn't disappear and when I tried to delete them, the bold went away but they would not delete.
    I thought maybe it would get better with this recent upgrade and it is some different but not better. My partner -- using different computer -- same software -- no problem!
    I am open to any suggestions! My Inbox is a mess and I can't tell what is "business" and what isn't.
    Having the same issue here on the family computer, but my laptop isn't having the issue despite being on the same version (3.1.x) of the software. Any help would be appreciated.

I still haven't found any solution. There has been an upgrade and that made it a little "different" -- sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't -- but not better. And my partner's computer has NO problem????@@@!!!

I have been using Thunderbird for years, and now I am unable to delete, I have tried to delete using the delete button, highlighting the page and delete, using the delete button from the keypad, or dragging it to the delete file, none of these methods of deleting are working. The problem started a couple of days ago. If I try to delete anything, then progress to a new message it will not progress either, it is just stuck on the message I tried to delete.

Dude first of all which emails are you talking of, the emails of yahoo or gmail or any other client. If you are having any other browser along with this on your system than what i would suggest that you should try to open the same from the other browser and see if you are able to do so,if yes than it is sure that there is some glitch in the Thunderbird browser and you will have to reinstall a fresh new copy of it, if not then I believe that there is some problem in the email client which is not allowing you to delete the mails and you will have to contact them to inform the problem.

Since this comes up high on Google search results, here's the solution:

* Restart Thunderbird. You'll now be able to delete stuff.
    * Now, start Thunderbird without add-ons, by opening the Help menu and clicking "Restart with add-ons disabled"
    * Re-enable a few at a time, restarting each time, and figure out which one is causing the problem.
    * Get rid of it! In fact, get of anything you don't absolutely need, because more add-ons always means more problems, especially when Thunderbird gets updated and they don't.
    * ???
    * Profit!

Now enjoy the happiness of never having this problem again.

TBird is "for the birds." I'm looking for a decent email program that won't refuse to delete email or go through contortions by selectively eliminating add-ons one-by-one until nirvana is reached. This has happened with several versions of Thunderbird. By the way, closing it down to later delete emails often doesn't work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast