Thread: full disk encryption "Backup"

full disk encryption "Backup"

Need help with hard drive backup.
    My company has recently installed Checkpoint Pointsec PC 6.3.1 full drive encryption on the notebook computers. I have been using Acronis TrueImage backup software for several months. I had always used the default compression. If a file was needed from the archive, Acronis would load the backup and I could extract the files needed to restore.

After the Pointsec PC application was installed, TrueImage doesn't perform the backup as before. It evidently doesn't use compression. It gives an error message that the hard drive should be checked for errors. What are my options for hard drive back up now that Checkpoint Pointsec PC 6.3.1 full drive encryption is installed?
    Thank you.

Re: full disk encryption "Backup"

Usually companies insist that people store their files on the file servers and only copy those files to the Laptop that they need on that particular trip... that way you get backups AND don't give thieves access to tons of confidential information. Mind you, far too many users ignore such rules and think that the admin will sort it out for them without them having to do anything..

Re: full disk encryption "Backup"

While all of the above is true, it doesn't answer the OP question. I recommend contacting Acronis for information on how to use their software with an encrypted disc.