Thread: Sharing files via E-mails!

Sharing files via E-mails!

I want to Share files with the other computers at the same location(i.e office or home) via e-mail or carting a data around on a USB flash drive, can anyone tell me whether such kind of sharing of files are possible?

Thanks for any suggestions

Hi,
    I hope this is possible to some extent, and may be convenient especially when you want to share a folder containing a couple of hundred photos which may have several megabytes in size. By networking your PCs together, however, you can share entire folders of files, directly access files on another PC, or drag and drop files between computers.

And for internet access you have to share those folders also and may be you will be needed the IP adress of the the Machine from which you are sharing the folders.

Thanks

For Sharing files through E-mails you need to Choose your connection hardware
    i.e Depending on whether you're connecting desktops or laptops, and how close they'll be, you can opt for a wired or wireless connection
    Wired connections offer the best speed—up to 1 gigabit of data per second—and the least expensive setup. Wireless (or Wi-Fi) connections are slower rated at 54 to 300 megabits per second.

For each computer you connect to the router using a wired connection, turn off the PC, plug the cable into the Ethernet port on the back, and plug the other end of the cable into the back of the router (typically, into a port marked "LAN").

later performing the computer connection you will still need to activate file sharing in Windows. To share files between computers, you'll need to know the network "name" for each of your computers. Also, take note of the Workgroup name—it must be the same on both computers. If not, use the Change Settings option and set the Workgroup name to be identical on both PCs.

Now that file and printer sharing are active, you're ready to choose which folders you want to share with other PCs. You can make a new folder as a repository for shared files, or share existing folders on the network.

cheers

whenever you keep folders for sharing also keep in mind the following guidelines:

1.You prefer the simplicity of sharing your files and folders from a single location on your computer.
    2.You want to be able to quickly see everything you have shared with others, just by looking in your Public folder.
    3.You want everything you are sharing kept separate from your own Documents, Music, and Pictures folders.
    4.You want to set sharing permissions for everyone on your network and don't need to set sharing permissions for individuals.