Thread: Problem connecting computer via router

Problem connecting computer via router

hi,

I want to connect my laptop computer with my computer, to move data and such, and I saw it in forums such as connecting to the router, but when I connect my laptop to the router, I get into " My Network Places "connection" WRT54G "which is the router, well, when I open it, and it asks me username and password. Well, then, that name and password is the router or the laptop? because if the laptop I have no idea what or how you look. My computer has Windows XP Professional and the laptop has the Windows XP Home Edition.

Good. What the network you want to mount, I have no idea xDD the truth because I have always greatly bundled with the network. Anyway try attaching a shared folder on each of the computers and if you look at my Network Places (taking two computer turned on) .

Hi,

The name and password are the router, and you have to know how to call your ISP or be written in the letter that they sent you for your company to access your router and configure it. Normally the factory in 1234 both equally.
    Once you create the home network can share files from PC to PC, with the "shared folders" made for you. Then you have to go to My Computer> Tools> connect to a network drive> share the folders.

thanks, it was certainly the most fact I had, what router to connect via ...the router's password I think to call my service provider, to find out.

Thank you very much

HI GUYS

I HAVE JUST JOINED THE FORUM
    AFTER SEEING ALL OVER I COULD NOT FIND HOW TO POST A NEW THREAD
    SO I GOT HOLD OF THIS DISCUSSION ( WHICH SEEMED NEAREST TO MY PROBLEM) AND AM POSTING HERE( EXCUSE ME FOR THAT ....)

I HAVE A WIRELESS ROUTER DI-524 FROM DLINK ( 802.11g/2.4 GHZ)
    AFTER CONFIGURING IT AS PER THE MANUAL I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS MY BROAD BAND THROUGH IT'S WAN PORT
    THE BROAD BAND ALSO COMES TO ME THROUGH A PROXY SERVER ( WHICH HAS SETTINGS OF DYNAMIC IP)
    WHAT COULD BE WRONG???
    PLS HELP

Quote Originally Posted by deekayt View Post
    HI GUYS

I HAVE JUST JOINED THE FORUM
    AFTER SEEING ALL OVER I COULD NOT FIND HOW TO POST A NEW THREAD
    SO I GOT HOLD OF THIS DISCUSSION ( WHICH SEEMED NEAREST TO MY PROBLEM) AND AM POSTING HERE( EXCUSE ME FOR THAT ....)

I HAVE A WIRELESS ROUTER DI-524 FROM DLINK ( 802.11g/2.4 GHZ)
    AFTER CONFIGURING IT AS PER THE MANUAL I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS MY BROAD BAND THROUGH IT'S WAN PORT
    THE BROAD BAND ALSO COMES TO ME THROUGH A PROXY SERVER ( WHICH HAS SETTINGS OF DYNAMIC IP)
    WHAT COULD BE WRONG???
    PLS HELP
    Hello deekayt,
    Welcome to TechArena Forums. Now as for posting new threads you just have to click on the NEW Thread which is on the top left side of all the discussions made. Also Please dont use Caps when typing as it means to shouting on people here.

Now as for your question, were you able to surf the net previously or have you done a new setup of your internet connections? Try to uninstall the driver for your wifi and then again install it.

Hi deekayt,

Welcome to techarena,

Download the D-Link manual here:

ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/di_broadband_g...524_manual.pdf

And also have a look on this thread :Setting VPN with dynamic IP under Win XP

Are the led's on the router blinking? The wan LED? Check if you have configured proper IP address, subnet mask and default gateway and other information in the Local Area Connection settings. Then try to ping the ISP's server. If you cannot ping, ask the ISP to configure it for you. The router config might require manual inspection to understand the problem correctly, which the ISP's representative shall do free of cost.