Thread: uninstalling antivirus

uninstalling antivirus

Well
    I just don't know why i cant uninstall my antivirus completely.
    I had quick heal & needed to uninstall it & install AVG so i removed the program from add remove but the program is still there on my machine

Try uninstalling it with an excellent and free uninstalling program called Revo Uninstaller. Latest version is 1.60 and you can get it from here:
    http://www.revouninstaller.com/
    Usually, you have to uninstall http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uninstaller this complicated program in order.
    Try uninstalling the main program, and if you picked the wrong order, it will let you know what you need to uninstall first.

it sometimes happens that after removing some files and registry entries are still there.
    so, go for a manual search in the program files, common files and in the registry.
    Go to run, type regedit.msc. A window will open and then go to edit and click on find. type in the exact name of the software which was installed and press enter. you will get some registry entries delete all and again press f3. again you will find entries delete those. continue pressing f3 and deleting the entries. At last you will get a dailog box "finished searchng thru the registry" click on OK and restart your computer.

I hope this will do.

Maybe Final Uninstaller can help you. It's an uninstall tool that can handle such incomplete install or uninstall problems. Even it can't, you can submit quick heal antivirus to their customer service. It's very convenient and helpful.

Boot in2 safe mode by pressing F8 at boot screen...and uninstall using the uninstaller given by quickheal.........

Thanks for your replies guys!
    JoeFrat m going to try that tool just i hope it wont get any virus or spyware in my system!
    Thanks again guys!