Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Problem with Wireless Zero Configuration

Networking & Security

Old 19-09-2008

Problem with Wireless Zero Configuration

I recently bought D-Link wireless PCI card and decided to give it try. I also downloaded the latest driver from the website and also installed their wireless configuration utility which disabled the Windows Wireless Zero Configuration. Sooner I decided to uninstall it because I didn't liked it. This didn't re-enabled Windows Wireless Zero Configuration. I tried it but got the error message as Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

Do anyone know about this trouble?

Old 19-09-2008

This could be result of 3rd party software (D-Link's wireless configuration utility) installed with your wireless card. These "utilities" basically disables the such services and it is hard to get rid of them.
Old 19-09-2008

Did you uninstalled the drivers which was installed with the utility? If not then do that.
Old 19-09-2008

Quote:
Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
This behavior occurs if the service is disabled. To resolve this issue:
  1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
  2. Double-click on Wireless Zero Configuration.
  3. Click the Log On tab.
  4. Make sure that the service is not disabled. If it is, click Enable.
  5. Click on the General tab. Assure that the service is still enabled in the Startup Type box. If it is disabled, click Automatic to have it start when you start the computer.
Old 19-09-2008

Also look at these threads.

Wireless Zero Configuration still not fixed in SP1
Wireless Zero Configuration keeps stopping

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,