Thread: Slow internet alongwith no connection problems

Slow internet alongwith no connection problems

I am having few problems with my Linksys router and I would like to go for a new one if the problem is not solved.

First of all, I am having Linksys WRT54G router and am using it over a year or two without any difficulty. But from a week ago its has been running slow along with no connection problems. Tried various browsers like Firefox, Opera or IE but nothing happens. Also whenever I used to play any game like Counter Strike, it goes weird.

Is there any solution to this or should I change my router and bring a new one?

Yeah you can get a new router because generally Linksys routers die after some time (can't say when they will). There are many options such as D-Link router's or Netgear's or you can stick with Linksys by getting some new Linksys router may be better one than your current router (WRT54GS, WRT300N, etc).

Since it is 1-2 year old, there may be updates out there for your router. Try to do firmware updates from Linksys website and see what happens. For your game, some games require to open certain ports in order to play online. I don't if you have opened those ports but if not then do open it. I don't know which ports to open for which games, so will not be able to help you in this matter. You may check it over internet.

Maybe because of any wireless instruments have been placed near the router and/or your PC such as cordless phone, electronic equipment, large metallic instrument (yes it affects), etc.

However if you are going for a new router than I will recommend you to buy D-Link's one because it works great in my case.

Look, this is a basic queston but if you have not done it, it is you issue. Have you unplugged the router for a few seconds then plugged it back in?? Home routers like modems can have alot of static electricity build up.

If you have done this then buy a new one!!

Rammy

Home routers like modems can have alot of static electricity build up.
    How to know that your router has static electricity? Yes I have tried unplugging and replugging the router and also resetting the router as well. None of them worked. It works for say about 20 - 30 mins and then the same problem.

I have the same problem with Linksys WRT 54GC ver.2.0 Wireless ruter,,but 2 or 3 days ago my internet speed become verry slow.
    I think that this problem is come from IPv6,because when my IPv6 Connectivity is Local i have not any problem whit traffic speed,but when Pv6 connectivity is Limited my traffic come slowdown...
    I dont now what to do...

Quote Originally Posted by sharic2 View Post
    I have the same problem with Linksys WRT 54GC ver.2.0 Wireless ruter,,but 2 or 3 days ago my internet speed become verry slow.
    I think that this problem is come from IPv6,because when my IPv6 Connectivity is Local i have not any problem whit traffic speed,but when Pv6 connectivity is Limited my traffic come slowdown...
    I dont now what to do...
    "when IPv6 connectivity is Limited my traffic come slowdown" that shouldn't be the IPv6 problem, infact it should be the problem with your internet setup. However, what ever may be but I am not using IPv6 and so it is not applicable to me, isn't it?

ok sorry ....

Its ok! You don't need to be sorry.