Thread: Need Virus protection for my gaming rig help

Need Virus protection for my gaming rig help

Hi,
    I have spybot search & destroy on my system its a new gaming rig & i want to protect it fron virus. According to my friend two programs will be better to keep my computer virus free. What you guys say?

If you want a very light but still powerful antivirus I advise NOD32 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOD32 . But thats very light and your system can handle that. But if you want what I believe is the best anti-virus is Kaspersky http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaspersky_Lab .

That's what I use (although with most email scanning turned off, since
    my ISP does it for me).

The right place to ask this is over on alt.comp.anti-virus.

I'd Suggest You Better Skip The Idea of Using Those Security Suites. Better Use Some Free To Use Yet HIghly Rated For VIrus Protection Engines. Here's What I Suggest Top Three...

1. Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition
    2. Avast! Home Edition
    3. AVG Free

Avira Is Found To Trigger Less False Alarms Than Anyother AV (Even Paid Don't Have That Kind'a Accuracy), & Is Much Better Than some of The Paid Ones. Next Is Avast!, For It's Individual Scanner Protection & It's Unique VRDB (Virus Recovery Database) Feature.

If You're Looking For Firewall Protection Then Again, The Free Stuff Come To The Rescue.

1. ZoneAlarm Free
    2. Comodo Firewall Pro.
    3. PC Tools Firewall

We All Know How Good ZA Firewall Can Be..! Comodo Has Passed All The Leak Test That Can Be Serious For Your System Security. PC Tools Is Not New To The Scene Here, Still Has Very Good Firewall With Less Questions Asked, Recomended For NewBie.

I used McAfee for a while but it was absolutely terrible at removing viruses. It would detect them sometimes, but could never clean or remove them. It was also a massive resource hog as it installs "McAfee Security Center". The security center is a program that sucks up resources while constantly reminding you that your computer isn't safe unless you own every McAfee product known to man. If you disable it then the virus scanner won't work and you can't remove it without also removing the virus scanner.

You shouldn't run two anti-viruses on the same computer. They have a tendency to conflict with each other.