Thread: help with Spyware Worm.Win32.Netbooster

help with Spyware Worm.Win32.Netbooster

I am in need of great help as one of my pc has been hijacked for sure. The issue is that many windows are popping up to install spyware or malware cleaners which are also not free. I have run spybot & removed many infections. Also tried windows defender & AVG but it would not finish scanning for many hours. Please help me for this as I dont have any other ways to go.

Worm.Win32.Netbooster is a worm that appears in fake security alerts from rogue antispyware. Worm.Win32.Netbooster popups could read “Your browser was hijacked by Worm.Win32.Netbooster,” or “Your browser was hijacked by Worm.Win32.Netbooster.” This Worm.Win32.Netbooster popup is supposed to scare you into buying the fake antispyware, like Smitfraud. You may have caught “Worm.Win32.Netbooster” by a drive-by download, or getting tricked into downloading a fake video codec.

Unless you like getting ripped off, don’t download the software the Worm.Win32.Netbooster popup links to. You’re not really infected with Worm.Win32.Netbooster — you’re infected with fake anti-spyware that you need to remove.
    http://www.411-spyware.com/remove-worm-win32-netbooster

There are three methods discussed here on how to remove this Worm.Win32.Netbooster Spyware.

Worm.Win32.Netbooster is actually not a real worm. Few Rogue Anti-Spyware application programs like Malware Bell 3.2, Virusheat, AntiVirProtect, MalwareAlarm, PC-Antispyware and Trojan horses lie Trojan Zlob will generate fake security alerts that users computer is infected with Worm.Win32.Netbooster to trick them into buying Rogue Anti-Spyware removers. Worm.Win32.Netbooster can slow users computer performens and can cause critical system errors. Do not trust any rogue anti-spyware programs thatWorm.Win32.Netbooster promotes and delete him as soon as possible.

There are 2 files in your c:\windows directory that needs to be removed:

vbgtorfd.dll
    dwnrpofk.dll

If windows will not let you delete these files, just rename them, then delete them. I had no problems removing these right in windows. I did not have to boot to a command prompt or safe mode.

Then start/run/regedit and search for those filenames and delete the references to them in your registry.

This annoying thing also probably disabled your Task Manager.

To fix this:

go here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555480