There is not enough memory or disk space to run word.
I am not able to open my Office programs. I have removed and reinstalled it but that didnt work for me. I have also tried to do a system restore on different dates but still it doesnt seems to work. I have also made sure that there are memory available. I even run the Office diagnostics and chkdsk but that didnt help me either? Any other ideas?
Re: There is not enough memory or disk space to run word.
The error that you have stated "There is not enough memory or disk space to run word," occurs when you try to open Word? What exactly happens when you try to run PowerPoint or Excel? Are you able to open the applications from the Start menu in Windows, or are you double clicking a file to open the associated program? Or something else like double clicking Winword.EXe, for instance?
I want to say that it happens to me either
I've already reinstall it
even more I've Install it into another hard drive which has a large amount of free disc space
My memory? 1 GB 'n my processor is Intel Core 2Duo
I've scanned my disc, scanned with Mic Office diagnostic tool, scan for error and viruses
I've deleted my temp files, uninstall some rarely-used programs, but still..
Windows task manager? Nothin's wrong with it I though..
by the way, I use Mic Win XP for OS in my BENQ R45 series
fyi, when I logged on with Guess account, that problems didnt occur..
It only occured when I logged as Administrator
But, since I cant install anything with Guess account (I want to install Office) this problem's still there..
I've had the same problem for one of my clients as well:
Opening winword, excel, outlook, powerpnt, all give the same error:
*winword gives the error: "There is not enough memory or disk space to run word 2007"
*excel attempts to start in safe mode, then gives the same error as winword.
*outlook gives the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot initialize Microsoft Office shared utilities. Restart your computer or reinstall Microsoft Office Outlook."
Steps taken so far:
1. Uninstalled and reinstalled Office (gives exact same results)
2. Went to run->Appwiz.cpl -> MS Office 2007 ->Change -> Add or remove features ->right click -> "run from my computer". (This supposedly works for some other users on other forums, but not for me)
3. a. When 2 failed me: Logged in as administrator, launched all office programs: winword, excel, outlook, etc. Went to regedit->HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office ->exported Office folder and saved to C:.
3. b. Logged back in as user with issue, imported the registry file from 3. a. Still no effect.
This isn't necessarily a problem with hard disk space: If one of you uses "run as" (a separate administrator account) you'll notice the software starts properly.
Hopefully (and I know this is an old thread) if it saves you from having to do a reformat, easier thing to do is delete the account, create a new one and migrate all the files to the new one. Something is pooched with the current account's installer for MS Office.
If all that fails, get OpenOffice.
How do you migrate the files? I created a new account but don't know how to transfer all of the files and settings to the new account.
I encountered this problem not so long ago and took me a day before everything settles down.
1. create a new profile (back up your important documents first).
2. clean your registry (use free registry cleaning tool) (back up your registry first before doing this).
3. defrag your registry (I used eusing registry defragmenter)
4. restart your pc.
5. start ms office word, excel etc. in safe mode.
6. disable add-ins which maybe causing the problems.
7. start all ms office programs in normal mode.
1. I created a new profile
2 Use windows cleanup to delete old files.
3. Restart PC and use new account.
4. Next time u need software get Openoffice for $20 and dont give MS $199.
make sure there are no updates which need to be peformed. I had this problem and checked my uupdate list, there was a microsoft office service pack which needed to be installed which i did... works fine ;-)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "There is not enough memory or disk space to run word."|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Word 2010 Not enough memory or disk space||Cassey||Windows Software||8||30-06-2011 10:29 AM|
|"There is not enough memory or disk space to run Word"||JinaJ||Office Update Service||3||15-05-2010 12:25 AM|
|Not enough memory or disc space to run Word||hanwayg||Windows Software||2||23-12-2009 06:26 PM|
|Office 2007 - Not enough memory or disk space to run...||Billie||MS Office Support||3||29-09-2009 08:32 PM|
|Save failed due to the out of memory or disk space||Niki||Windows XP Support||1||20-04-2007 12:26 AM|