Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft Office Document Scanning

MS Office Support

Old 23-06-2008

Microsoft Office Document Scanning

I am using a scanner that is set up on a network and out of that 6 out of 9 people can scan to without problem. Recently, the other 3 cannot scan documents to the scanner. It is a Cannon IR3570 Scanner with print and copy capabilities. The 3 can print to it, they just cannot use Microsoft Office Document Scanning. Scangear detects the scanner and adds it, but the scanner is not seen by the MS Office Document Scanning program. Already removed and reinstalled ScanGear and MS Office with no joy in addition to installing/removing drivers we downloaded from Canon's website. We also tried to copy over the 11.0 folder called C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MODI on a working computer that can scan, and copied it to a non functional one with no success. Can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

Old 19-08-2008

Even I am having the same issue. ScanGear is able to detect the scanner just fine (IR 5020) but Microsoft Office will not find it to actually scan from. What can I do to solve this issue, can anyone please help me out? Thanks.
Old 20-05-2009

Re: Miccrosoft Office Document Scanning

Microsoft Office Document Imaging actually has two components a scanning component and an imaging component listed separately in the Windows Start menu as Microsoft Office Document Scanning and Microsoft Office Document Imaging. For more information, you can visit the website here - http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/he...001077103.aspx
Old 04-06-2010

Re: Microsoft Office Document Scanning

Possibly the permissions were changed somehow. Setting up network scanners can be a problem from time to time. We have a scanning FAQ on our site which covers a few areas maybe something related to that.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support