Thread: Auto fill word document from database

Auto fill word document from database

I am trying to find out how to auto fill a word document in specific parts from an Access Database.
    We have a program that does this already but it only has set templates and set fields it retrieves the data from. There is no indication as to any setup for the database it uses or anything.

I've read about mail merge but cannot see how this is what I want as all that seems to do is select users to send the document I supply from the database.

If anyone can link me to any information on how to do this or explain in a bit more detail I would really apreciate it.

Thanks

Hello kaotix. MS Access is surely very powerful application but it is also not too user friendly for any new user. Anyways I could help you with this problem but first I would like to know what the exact version of your MS Access and MS Word is. Also what exact information do you want to get from the same? Also what do you exactly mean by the phrase "There is no indication as to any setup for the database it uses or anything?"

Thanks for your reply, the presentation was fine as I read it with the same train of through in mind anyway. I have good knowledge of Word and good knowledge of Access but not a great deal of knowledge on this side of things with Access. Also, can you really have good knowledge of Word when its just a word processor and doesn't really do anything exceptional? Anyway.

I understand your question regarding the reports in Access and do see this as a possibility for my solution, but this is really more to ask 'how' to do it in Word for future reference.
    I am currently using Office 2003. I want to, for now, just get example data from the database which will just be text fields in a simple table.

Thanks