Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Excel Files won't open in Outlook 2007

MS Office Support

Old 28-02-2012

Re: Excel Files won't open in Outlook 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroJim71 View Post
Although none of the prior suggestions worked in my case, the following did: Open Excel, select the Windows icon at the upper left, then click on Excel Options at the bottom of the dropdown menu. Click on Advanced, and then scroll down in the window to the General heading. Then uncheck the box "Ignore other applications that use dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)". Close Excel, go back to Outlook and double-click on the attachment.
This worked like magic - Thank you
Old 29-07-2013

None of these worked for me. I can save the file from outlook and then open it, but if I attempt to open the file right from the e-mail attachment it just opens excel blank. So if I want to view an attachment I have to first save as then go back to the file location and open, which is a pain because a lot of times I only view the attachment once. This only happens with excel. Any thoughts?
Old 30-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by doutlaw View Post
None of these worked for me. I can save the file from outlook and then open it, but if I attempt to open the file right from the e-mail attachment it just opens excel blank. So if I want to view an attachment I have to first save as then go back to the file location and open, which is a pain because a lot of times I only view the attachment once. This only happens with excel. Any thoughts?
Even I was facing the same problem which was caused with an Excel Setting. So, to solve this issue, you can open Excel and then go to Tools > Options > General Tab and then make sure that the checkbox next to "Ignore other applications" in not selected. After that start outlook and then try to open Excel attachment again and see if that works.
Old 30-07-2013

Unfortunately this did not work either. Any other suggestions?
Old 31-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by doutlaw View Post
Unfortunately this did not work either. Any other suggestions?
Then this problem might be happening because of some security related software used within your environment. Is this issue happening with emails sent and received internally, externally or both or it only happens with .msg attachments? You might also need to check for some malware attacks in your environment and get it out asap.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , , ,