Thread: Error When Sorting Inbox from Outlook 2007

Error When Sorting Inbox from Outlook 2007

I’m using Outlook 2007 since couple of months and there was no problem. Today, for the first time when I tried to Sort my Inbox as per Sender, I suddenly received the following error message:

“The messaging interface has returned an unknown error”

Don’t know why it is not allowing me sort the inbox with any attribute. Everytime I get that same error message and preview pane gets cleared. Do someone has come through this problem ? Any solution for this please?

Re: Error When Sorting Inbox from Outlook 2007

There might some unknown problem with outlook’s system files. I think you need to run the Office Diagnostic tool. Just launch Outlook, click Tools and click Office Diagnostics. It will find and repair the problem automatically.

Re: Error When Sorting Inbox from Outlook 2007

This looks like an old issue - but, I encountered the exact same issue recently too, using MS Outlook 2007.

1. For the issue regarding the display of "NONE" and other fields showing up blank, incidentally, a restart (apparently after a recent MS System update) worked for me.
    2. For the issue about the error while trying to sort on the From or Subject fields, I did notice, that this was happening only in the Inbox folder. (a bit strange!)

I did try the Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe as outlined here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497), and it detected errors. Fortunately, it was also able to repair the errors for me, and when I restarted Outlook after that, things worked fine for me!

Oh, btw, I had setup my Exchange Account to deliver emails to a .pst (rather, than the default .ost). No particular reason - just that I had been using PST ever since.