Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Upgrading from Microsoft Works 9 to Microsoft Office Standard 2007

MS Office Support

Old 09-02-2008

Upgrading from Microsoft Works 9 to Microsoft Office Standard 2007

I am using Words 9 on my computer and I am trying to upgrade to Office 2007 standard. The installer says that "Setup can't find a version of Microsoft Office on your computer". I have tried the browse function to go to the Works Program files on the local disk C: and I have tried to browse to Drive E: where I have inserted the Works install disk. No other method works and I get the message "The path you have chosen does not point at a qualifying upgrade product. Click 'Retry' to try again or 'Cancel' to quit setup." I would appreciate any suggestions if anyone can recommend.

Old 09-02-2008

Re: Upgrading from Microsoft Works 9 to Microsoft Office Standard 2007

The problem that you are facing can occur because of an error in Works 9 and in Works SE 9. During the upgrade process, Works does not provide the necessary information to the 2007 Office Setup program. To solve this issue, you can follow the suggestions given over here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943290
Old 26-03-2008

Re: Upgrading from Microsoft Works 9 to Microsoft Office Standard

I am facing the same problem, although I have liked the utility solution, but I dont have the CD to insert after running the utility as my "Works" software is part of a bundle installed on my new HP's hard drive. Can anyone please tell me how to get my office small business upgrade to install? Thanks
Old 26-03-2008

Re: Upgrading from Microsoft Works 9 to Microsoft Office Standard

Do you mean to say that you do not have Works installed or so? Are you having any recovery disks with you? If the utility asks for the CD, then are you able to browse to the bundle?
Old 31-08-2008

Even I am facing the same issue with Works 9.0 OEM installed on my pc. Can anyone tell me where exactly on the recovery disks one will be able to find out Works 9.0 or the bundle? If microsoft is unable to point me to where the files/programs are installed, then they are not right on their path for this false advertisement.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support