Thread: Turn off cleartype globally (Office 2007) for EVERYTHING (!!!)

Turn off cleartype globally (Office 2007) for EVERYTHING (!!!)

I need some help with ClearType fonts in Office 2007. I am not able to get any option for that. I want to disable that completely. It is quiet annoying and confusing according to me. I am not able to find any settings of the same in Word. But I am sure there are possible ways to disable it. The interface confuses me a lot in True Type Font. I can put that to a simple one which is easy to understand.

I do not think there is a way for that. That is a integrated feature of Microsoft Office and you cannot simply get rid of that. If you want old interface then you must switch to a older office version. Somehow you will not be able to adjust yourself to the cleartype so early. But as you keep on working you will be able to adjust your eyesight for the same.

Does that is making your fonts blurry. I had experience the same. But the same was wiped off when I modified the screen resolution. Thinks look to be working fine. To get a nice output from cleartype font you need a good resolution monitor that has appropriate output. In new version it is not complicated to disable the same.

ok either our eyes are way too different (and you're color blind) or you're a plain moron. Pick one. DID YOU EVER take a screenshot of some text with applied clear type and scale it to 800%? Really, try it. Another question: did you ever see a GOOD LCD monitor, not the cheap **** you can buy for $100? One connecting to the DVI output of the videocard without any adapters (talking about the white thing, not the blue connector). Did you? And WHAT BENEFITS of the clear**** you are talking about? Except it makes my eyes hurt after 30 minutes. Do you spend more than an hour behind the computer? Or checking your email and writing something THAT stupid isn't taking you more than 10 minutes?

It looks like not a cool feature to me. I am using a Mac and just for some time worked on Windows. But the cleartype font is really annoying. It is not making me quiet happy. On a old outdated monitor the clear type fonts does not looks great. It is a bit awful in output. But in widescreen monitor this is quiet awesome.