Thread: Office 2003 and Vista - End-User License Agreement Problem

Office 2003 and Vista - End-User License Agreement Problem

I had just bought a cd of Office Professional package. I am installing that on Vista Home Premium laptop. The installation was good on the start but somehow it looks that there is issue with end user license agreement. Whenever I start Word or Excel it gives a popup to accept it. I thought this would appear on start only, but now it happens more than 5 times. I hope the installation was fine. I am having many word and excel files and I do not want office to spoil them. Is there a settings in Office to turn that thing off.

Re: Office 2003 and Vista - End-User License Agreement Problem

There is a tiny thing that you ca try. For that go in User accounts which is located under control panel. In that simply turn off User Account Control. You have to restart your computer for the same and then run the office program once again. This time you will not get EULA. Do not forget to restart the program. But if appears again then try to re-install the office once again and then check back.

Just re-install office. That is really a annoying thing. I got that when I was trying to open that in a limited account. While in the admin account I never get that license agreement on the screen. It is a bit complicated to get fix. I checked the startup in msconfig which has simply nothing in it.

User Control When Executing Word

I installed Office 2003 professional. Since then every time I execute Word I get the user control and have to click continue which is a little time consuming but really just aggravating. This was not happening with Office XP. I have Vista.Can you help?
    M. G. Monkus (MGM)

That is a incomplete setup. Run a repair setup and then check. It will be gone. The license agreement normally appears only single time when you launch office after installation. I think appear back again on new user profile. While on old it remains the same.

Go to Control Panel --> User Accounts and turn-off User Account Control. Restart your computer, start an Office program, accept the EULA, restart an Office program to make sure EULA doesn't pop-up, go back to User Accounts and turn User Account Control on, then restart your computer once again.

Try doing this. C:program files/microsoft office/OFFICE11 then right click on one of the MS apps (such as Excel or Word) and select "run as administrator". this should open up the app, EULA should pop up - accept it. close app, then re-open app and EULA pop screen should have disappeared.

This worked great..It fixed the Windows 7/Office 2003 problem. Many thanks for solving the Office 2003 problem. I have Windows 7 and experienced the same thing.

Re: Registered office 03, can't get rid of the EULA from popping up?

issue is here for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0 you need to get into the registry and set permission to full control and that will solve the issue.